Provides primary care medical services to the patients of AltaMed. Manages assigned patient panel.
1. Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
2. Examines patient to determine general physical condition.
3. Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic procedures to provide information on patient’s condition.
4. Documents gathered information in medical record as required by policies and analyses reports and findings of tests and examinations.
5. Administers or prescribes treatments and drugs.
6. Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
7. Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
8. May provide prenatal care to pregnant women and may provide postnatal care to mother and infant if applicable.
9. Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
10. Reports births, deaths, and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental agencies.
11. May perform minor surgery.
12. Makes house and emergency calls to attend to patients unable to visit office.
13. Writes Legibly.
14. Provides continuity of care for patients requiring hospitalization, including admitting and providing primary care for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
15. Conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
16. Ability to develop positive rapport with patients and families to foster the physician/patient relationship.
17. Active participation in the Quality Management Program, Utilization Review, Peer Review, AltaMed Medical Provider activities, and AltaMed’s On-call schedule.
18. May provide in-hospital or nursing home care if applicable.
SITE LEAD PHYSICIAN
19. The Lead Site Clinician orients all new providers. Assists them professionally with coverage, call arrangements, referrals, hospitalization, and other clinical issues.
20. Sits on AltaMed Medical Executive Committee, representing site at monthly meetings addressing medical policy issues at AltaMed
21. Responsible for site coverage for clinic emergencies, and development of site clinical policies and protocols. Develops, approves, and insures annual review of onsite clinical policies and procedures along with the Clinic Administrator and/or other leadership.
22. Reviews site performance monthly with all physicians and midlevel providers, including, quality issues, productivity, managed care utilization, and programmatic changes.
23. Represents the site to outside organizations and entities on clinical issues, in conjunction with the Medical Director and administration
1. Experience and training as a physician.
2. Physician with an active unrestrictive CA license to practice medicine by the Medical Board of California.
3. Leadership and/or management skills preferred.
4. Education and training necessary to obtain a medical degree. Requires valid license to practice medicine in the State of California. Board Certified in specialty preferred.
5. Previous experience with computer based systems required; Electronic Medical records experience preferred.
6. Current Valid CPR Certification.
7. Bilingual English/Spanish required.